Have you used the Birth control Patch

After I gave birth i was put on the mini pill and heard nothing but awful things about it so my doctor put me on the patch but im still ify about it. Two days after i put it on i started to have the worse stomachache ever i mean i'd rather go through contractions before i deal with that pain, I thought it was cause of were it was place so i removed it and placed one somewhere away from my stomach but it wont stop hurting, has anyone eles had this problem and do you know if they can be placed on top of a tattoo

mommadent

Asked by mommadent at 3:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Health

• I was on it and I got a horrible rash from it. Yes they can be placed on top of a tattoo, if it is not brand new (obviously)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I was on it for over a year. I never had any problems. I always placed mine almost on my butt cheek. Low enough so my underwear band didn't touch it. It always stayed in place well and never caused any problems. I wouldn't think a stomach ache would be from the patch. Probably not related.
    Anonymous

• i used it and gained weight with it. i always put it on my lower abdomen. the stomachache could have been from it. some people don't respond well to hormones.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 4:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2008