Which one is easier for you?

Algebra or Geometry? Do you think it makes a difference if you're "right-" or "left-" brained?

My mother has told me that I'm a "non-linear" person, yet I find Geometry easier than Algebra. When I took the math classes in high school, I barely passed the Algebra class but managed a B with Geometry. After Geometry, there was Trigonometry/Algebra II. I passed that one, but I think part of it was due to the Trigonometry. If I remember right, it's similar to Geometry (one could gather this from how the two words share the same ending).

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in

• I think I liked algebra better, although once I hit calculus I found I really liked math.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I struggled with Algebra but breezed through Geometry.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Neither. I have some sort of math-blockage in my brain. I dont know how I managed to make it through algebra at all (I didnt take anything higher because I didnt need the math credit after that). Even long division used to make me cry. The most complicated thing I do now is keep the checkbook (thank you Mr. Calculator!)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Neither. I was bad in math when I was in school and I had a stroke 4 years ago, so numbers are a total jumble in my head now.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• They were both about the same. I like math though and didn't really have problems till I got to Calculus. I despise Calculus!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Sorry, I hate them both! LOL
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Geometry. I'm more right brained, but I don't know if there's a connection. Algebra took forever for me to grasp. Once I got it, I did fine though. But I always enjoyed geometry more.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I absolutely SUCK at math... but I find Geometry very easy... as well as Physics. I am the creative, hands on type if that means anything??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would say I am equally good in both subjects. In high school I passed both with A's. After that I went to higher math levels, calc, stats, etc and geometry and algebra are really good fundamentals to higher math. I think I am a left brained person when it comes to math. I'm pretty sure that's the part of the brain math uses, so does art.

People say if you are good in music you will do better in math, so true, I played saxophone and math was always a simple subject to me. When I stopped playing was when I was having trouble, and it's because playing music exercises your left brain. So if you want your kid to be good in math, let them play an instrument.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think i also have a "math block" lol
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 3:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2010