is it hard to take care of a baby when your alone with nobody helping you? and dont know anything about a baby?

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well lets put it this way....I know plenty of parents who are together as a couple with a huge support group (family, friends, etc.) who have had 1, 2, 3, + children and they have had difficult times with caring for the infant at times...Infants, and children in general, can be very difficult at time and very trying. They can also be very rewarding and experience with children is really the only way to learn, you can read all the parenting book out there and know nothing holding your infant in the hospital after you have given birth.
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 1:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes it is very hard but not impossible I did it and the only thing that can advice you is to ask to everyone your doctor nurses even if you think the question is dumb, look for parenting resources in your community while you are still pregnant so you won't be so lost when the baby arrives, also ask here any little doubt you can have.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• well im alone n this... my mom not helping me at all .. my boyf just dont care! im trying to move out! and i just dont know if im gonna make it my friends think i should think about adoption but i dont think i can give my baby on adoption!! i wanna keep it but im scared cuz im gonna have to work and take care of the baby since im all alone! and im sure babys cant be that hard but at the same im scared i dont even know how to change a diaper
    jess410

Comment by jess410 (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• you will adjust. Tell the nurse in the hospital that you will be alone and when you go home, after delivery. They will do their best to let you stay as long as your insurance will cover and they will give you a baby 101 like you won't believe. You will have stress at times, you will want a break at times but you will learn and get better and it wil get easier.

I know this sounds funny but get a teddy bair or baby doll and practice the diaper routine. Take the time in the hospital to master breastfeeding, You can request a nurse help you until you get it down. Message me if you need advice, support, whatever.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yah it is hard as hell and they don't give you the day off if you are sick. Heck normally you have to work harder when you are sick cause chances are they are sick too. And you do it all on no sleep and not knowing how you do it to begin with. At the same time though you get to sit down and just hold them, and it seems to make it all ok most of the time.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I was on my own with my babies and it wil be ok. ask for tips from hospital or nurse on changing diapers etc.....there is help out there. gl and message me if you need i am happy to help!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 2:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• if you work at a daycare, you get 50% off childcare and you can be in the same place as your baby. That's what i did, and it helps you gain experience in children. GOOD LUCK.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• well im just scared i thought i was never gonna be able to have kids. and now im preg its like wow!! i can already see my life changing its really frustrating having to work and have all this sickness everyday i feel sick but i cant just sit home i have to work my mom always having an attitude and seems like she wants me out of the house im 22 i know i messed up but at the same i always help her out! but i guess family sometimes can turn their back on you! so i wish im praying i can move out and make it on my own i dont wanna give my baby on adoption!
    jess410

Comment by jess410 (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• if you want to keep your baby you will, you will be amazed at the wonderful mommy powers you will have once you see that precious baby.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• agreed!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2010