epidoral or not

I have 1 pregnancy with a epi and 1 without i hear ppl say i wouldnt do it natural but i would rather natural! u?

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ALL natural, absolutely!
    :-D

I avoid unnecessary interventions and enjoy low-no pain natural birthing.

It doesn't have to be drugs *or* pain.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have to have an epi due to having to have a c-section
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I was so happy to have an epidural when I had my son.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:09 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The only reason I am grateful that I had the epidural was because otherwise, I would have been forced to go under general anesthesia for my emergency c-section. All of the breastfeeding issues we had later, and the other complications from all of the interventions I ended up with during my "natural" birth led to some serious post partum depression. I really really hope for an all natural VBAC next time around. I wish I could do it at home, but DH won't hear of it after the last one. =(
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have done both as well and would much prefer an epidural this time around.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had it with all of mine. The first 2 it was absolutely necessary but the last I think I could have done it without. However when they say do you want it or not and don't give you the option to wait you take it while you can get it just in case! lol
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:53 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i have 3 kids and had no pain medication with my first 2 and only a light medication for my 3rd child i like natural birthing best
    babyblue5280

Answer by babyblue5280 at 3:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If I'd had something to bite into with the second I MIGHT have made it. All told I have no regrets for having had it with both my babies who turned out go be healthy and fine.
    And honestly as much as I was hurting before he was coming out I just do not want to imagine the kind of pain that would have accompanied the liitle 8 pound 13 ounce butterball my son was at birth.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2010