Former smokers

For those of you who have sucessfully quit, how long was it until you stopped having cravings. How long did your friends who smoke drive you crazy? I'm 2 days smoke free and it feels as if the 3rd is going to be a little difficult ok maybe a LOT difficult!

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 3:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• I quit and of course the first three days were rough the craving stopped about the fifth day you need to get yourself some of those jolly ranchers get the big flavor bag and I tell you when you get a craving this or those large blow pops will help as well. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• oh sorry I quit ten years ago
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had the flu for a week and with all the coughing I could not smoke. I figured I had gone about a week with no cigg while I had the flu, so I just never picked the ciggs up again. It took about 2 mo's not to have ANY cravings for a cigg...that was two yrs ago. Now when I walk into a room where someone smokes, I wonder why I ever smoked. It will be tough for awhile, but you can do it...buy some gum or (like pinkdragon said) some Jolly Ranchers. Good Luck
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 3:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• it is all the test of ur determination.my hus was a chain smoker but when we got married this was the only cond i kept he stopped but only in front of me so once when i caught him i didnt say anything but when we had kids he left it for good sice he knows how important he is in our lives.now it has boeen threeyears he didnt smoke,but medically speaking it will take a month time.all the best .its never too late.
    naira768

Answer by naira768 at 4:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had to pray for God to take the urges away. I went through what you are going through now..I would be fine until I saw someone smoke..then I wanted one. I think that what finally made me quit was one how expensive, and my toddler tried way too hard to get in the path of smoke.. I couldnt do it no more.

I have a no smoking in my house rule..so this helps. Also my DH quit years ago...and now more of my family is quiting too. I like to think we started something good here :)
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 5:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I too had to have the help of the Lord. He knew I tried. But when my three yr old neice got in my VW and inhaled my smoke from my smoking. I about died! She was only 3 yrs old. What was I thinking! I cried out to God to help me. He did. On my wedding day I said I wanted to leave the smoking out the door. Its been thirty years now. There have been once or twice when I thought about it, but the cost and the price i'd have to pay getting Cancer, just wasn't worth it! Hang in there. You have more willpower than you know. Proud that you love your son enough to do it for him!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 6:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thank you! I swear I'm determined to quit for my son. This is one of the hardest things I've ever done though.
    onemellowmom

Comment by onemellowmom (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Dont smoke
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2010