whats your christmas eve tradition?

ours is the whole entire family go over to our moms,exchange gifts with the family eat some good Mexican food watch Christmas movies and then my mom has a table set up for the kids with Christmas activities so they can do before we eat also last year all the kids put there hand prints and made a Christmas banner i absolutely love it we've been doing this since i was a baby!what about you moms?whats the tradition?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 3:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• We spend the day together, hangout play games ect. We always open 1 gift after dinner. get in our pjs and watch a movie
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 3:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• we sleep in, then make christmas cookies, drink eggnog, watch christmas movies, I'll pull out a guitar and play christmas songs then we go to midnight mass get home read a christmas book and go to sleep. We usually have a "slumber party" and all the little ones sleep in the room with me and my sisters!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We open our Christmas pajamas.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• everyone heads to my parents house in the afternoon, we drink wine and talk..(moms busy makin the big ham dinner) we eat dinner..clean up, and open all of our presents.

we started doing that maaaaaany years ago, because on christmas day..we used to drive 2hrs to go to my grandma and grandpas house for the day...they died about 8yrs and 12 yrs ago.. but now that WE are all grown up, and married with kids..we still do it because on christmas day, the kids go to their inlaws house..but we still all meet back at mom and dads for a big turkey dinner..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Open pj's read Twas The Night Before Christmas, get the cookies and reindeer carrots ready for santa sprinkle the glitter on the lawn so he knows which house to come to watch movies and get ready for bed
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:21 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• the kids wake up open gifts,(because i want the kids to have one day where they enjoy thier new things, and we always have somewhere to travel too on xmas day) we have a big breakfast and lazy around the house playing with new toys and watching xmas movies
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• on christmas eve we all open one present. I'm trying something new this year though, going to do christmas dinner one chrismas eve so that we have all christmas day to spend with family
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The stepkids come over.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• From my first Christmas on, we always go to my grandparents house. My dad, mom and 2 brothers... Even though my parents are no longer married, my dad still comes too (my mom's parents house). We cook dinner and eat with my aunt, uncle and cousin, open 2 gifts.. and usually go home.. But this year I think we may have to go to my inlaws afterwards, since they are working in the morning. I love my inlaws to death, but I dont want to drag my 19mo old baby around 8pm Christmas eve... Especially since she is on a great schedule and sleeps well through the night... ugh. Sorry.. vent..
    But we will probably end up going there too, since we wont be seeing them Christmas morning.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2010