There are birds chirping outside. How is this possible?

It is 30 degrees outside and 4:05 a.m. est and I'm not kidding there are birds outside my window right now that sound like the ones you hear in early spring. How can this be? There is frost on the ground too and a 30% chance of snow today.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Some birds do not migrate. The other day I was walking my dogs and noticed a fresh set of bird tracks in the snow, as I was looking at it a bird came down and dive bombed me. It gave me quite a start! Dang bird thought I was taking his berries on the ground. LOL> We do usually put out bird food in the winter we just have not done it yet this year I guess that bird was telling me to get on it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I have wondered this too, lol... I guess they are up for the day. I dunno. Someone once told me it was a Bat ..when I heard a bird really early in the AM.....I know how a bird sounds and it was a bird....maybe she (Bird) was arguing with her DH or SO......who knows, lol
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 4:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Could they be migrating birds? Local pets that got loose?
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 10:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We have birds here that are fairly active most nights. They tend to keep my roosters up and active most of the night *G*
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have sparrows, juncos (sp?) and blue jays in my yard year round--of course I keep my bird feeders filled in the winter! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• chicklol

SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 4:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2010