my 6 month old who is allergic to milk and is on soya formula.i want to wean him ,i have got rice cereals milk free for him but the prob is that he is already constipated so what can i do. i weaned him with 2 teaspoons of apple since 4 days it is ok for him but still constipated.please help

pleaz suggest.

naira768

Asked by naira768 at 4:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? When my kids were little we would put a water and a little molasses in a bottle and they would drink that. I would call the doctor and see what they say.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• What do you mean you weaned him since four days? Your child is to young to be weaned - off the breast or the bottle. He should be getting breastmilk or formula for one year at the very least!!

You can start introducing solids at 6 months, but since he already has an allergy and is having problems with constipation, I wonder if he isn't ready for solids. Keep him on the formula and let him try foods as he is interested.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I also am not understanding what you mean. What are his symptoms of constipation? How frequent are stools and what are they like? At 6 mos, introducing solids, I would probably skip cereal and most purees. Cut up small pieces of soft foods that he can self feed. I need a little more information to give better advice though. Many babies who are intolerant to cow milk are also intolerant to soy, so consider a hypoallergenic formula, or relactating with restrictions in your diet.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• my daughter has a protein sensitivity to milk she is also a soy baby after trying everything in the book! Went to the doctor plenty of times with constipation issues with our daughter also, I was told to put a splash of gerber baby juice into her bottle once or twice a day and it should help with the consipation and soften there stool.
    audrey10303

Answer by audrey10303 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You mean wean him from formula? Sorry, no. Too early. Formula or breastmilk till one year.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010