I have brown spots on both my areolas!

Ok so after I stopped breast feeding my last daughter. (Its been 11 yrs now). Ive had these brown spots on my areola. They look almost like blackheads but they arent. If they are squeezed they ooze a clear sometimes white substance. Im scared to ask a Dr Im very shy. If someone else gets this please tell me 1. What is it? and 2. Is it normal.. Thanks

Irishgirlx959

Asked by Irishgirlx959 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Health

• It sounds very normal to me. Those "spots" are supposed to be there, and age is what probably brought them out.  After age 40 you need to get a mamogram every year. If your that concerned about your health ask for a female Dr or a Female nurse to look at it to know for sure. Try not to be soo shy with your health. We all only get this ONE life.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have no idea. But I can understand being shy. Why don't you find a female doctor. Maybe you'd feel more comfortable talking to (and showing) another woman. Just a thought.
    Anonymous