Miss him so much/divorce

Just kind of down tonight, its almost xmas and im really missing my husband, i filed for a divorce and we have a hearing jan18th. i left b/c hes drinking alot now and has been a mean drunk and i dont want my son who is almost 3 to grow up dealing with it. i love him so much but im doing what is best for my son! even though i know its hard!

anyone ever hear sara evans getting a little bit stronger?
i guess this really isnt a Question just a little upset tonight! thanks for listening

cutie_pie200619

Asked by cutie_pie200619 at 4:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I know how you feel. After 20 years hubby and I separated in July. I have lots of bad days and conflicting emotions, too. Hugs! Hang in there.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 4:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry your dealing with this, its hard enough going through a divorce at any time. I know the holidays make it that much harder. I think your strong to do what your doing for your son. I don't know your DH but it sounds as if he chose alcohol over his family...just keep moving forward and best Wishesgood luck

tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 4:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• hugs  I'm sorry this is a really difficult time of year, stay strong.  Focus on your son, even if you are getting a divorce maybe have your son do something nice for his Dad, make him something like a card or a simple craft.   

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• What you are going through must be so hard and painful. But if every time you see him, you are both sober, the real person in him will come out and all future memories will be real ones and he will just have to acquire the strength to earn his family and his self respect back. Good luck and hang in there~ Maria
    Subarulady

Answer by Subarulady at 5:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Aww, your post pulled on my heart strings. I think you are doing whats right. It takes two people to make a marriage and only one person to break it. I think you are putting your little one first, and watching out for his safety and all making sure he doesnt grow up to think this behavior is what it means to be a man.
    I went through a divorce almost 6 years ago. I was heart broke. I know its hard to believe but God knows best. He will lead you where you need to be and put the right person in your life for you and your son. Since my mess I have remarried to a Wonderful, passionate man who loves my kids from my prior marriage, and we also have a child together. Hang in there, your happy ending is out there too.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 5:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thank you so much ladies, another thing i forgot to add i have a restraining order on him b/c of past drinking episodes i know he is a great guy but when he's drinking he's awful! my son has only seen him like 4 times since sept. b/c my husband has supevised visits and its on sat and hes always having to work and he doesnt go to them. so my son really misses him, sometimes i wonder if i did the right thing but i know i dont want my son growing up with my husbands drinking! My husband started drinkin alot when his dad passed!
    but thanks again ladies it means alot to have people understand and someone to talk to i love this site!
    cutie_pie200619

Comment by cutie_pie200619 (original poster) at 5:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Its hard to know what the right choices are by the choices our spouses make. One thing I was wondering, did you go file for custody already? You need to make sure you do it first. Remember too, down the road your husband may wake up one morning and realize that you both mean more to him than a bottle. Praying he goes for counseling and healing from the greving he is going through. You are right, you can't take the chance. I hope he doesn't know where you are right now... Better to have a mediator to go through so he doesn't seek you out when he's drunk. The courts can do that when you are in fear for your life. Hope this helps. Text my site if you need someone to talk to ....
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 5:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i have temperary full custody until we go to court and thank you so much
    cutie_pie200619

Comment by cutie_pie200619 (original poster) at 6:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Well, it does sound like you've done the right thing even though it's very hard on you. Concentrate on loving that little boy and having the best holiday you can with him.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• you are doing whats best for your son and yourself...keeping both of you safe and protected. I'm sorry you are dealing with this...
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 8:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2010