Do you know what a Chinese Fire Drill is?

I heard someone talking about a Chinese Fire Drill. But before I could find out what exactly they do, I had to leave. Do you know?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 5:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes! At a stoplight while in a car, all occupants get out and run around the car to a different seat before the light changes, I think! It's been a long time but was very popular in the 60s and 70s! Maria
    Subarulady

Answer by Subarulady at 5:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We used to do it with two cars. the kids in the front car changing with the kids in the back car.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• LOL, we used to do this as teenagers all the time. I have not done it in years,
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:21 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• no idea
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree with Subarulady. At a red light, everyone jumps out and runs around the car and hops back in. I've never done one.
    courtneyann29

Answer by courtneyann29 at 6:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The first two posters are correct. I lived in a small town with no stop lights so we would just do it down the middle of main street where we "cruised main". lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Going down memory lane, we did this DD and DS on the way to a wedding reception and they thought we were so cool, we were in our 30's and they were 15 and 9.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Ohhh that sounds like a good idea Librarylady60 thanks.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• When the car stops at a red light, you open the doors of the car, and everyone changes seats. Too funny, we thought we were so cool when we did this, if kids did it today, they'd probably get a ticket!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes. We once did one with 40-something high school seniors on a school bus.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2010