is watching baby channel fine for 5 month old infant.

i hope eyez dont get effected.

naira768

Asked by naira768 at 5:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's the age in which they start learning, even younger! Get some baby Einstein DVD's and pop them in. Move him/her far enough away from the TV though, so it wont cause straining or do damage to their eyes. I started with the baby shows and beby Einstein when my son was way younger than that. :)
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I thought the latest recommendation was that children under the age of two not be exposed to any television. It wasn't the eyes but the brain development that was the issue.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I don't really think there is anything really wrong with it. I mean if you are sitting the baby in front of the TV for hours and hours a day that is bad, if it is for a short period of time I would think it is okay.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It is far better for the baby to have intereaction with you and others. The best thing for brain development is hearing the human voice, feeling the human touch, and exploring (once the baby is moving around).
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• pedi says no tv til two
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It's fine. He'll love Elmo!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2010