i am pregnant and keep having these vivid dreams....

at first they didnt bother me because they werent scary but the past 2 nights they were so bad i woke up terrified and couldnt sleep afterwards they seemed so real. anyone experience this while pregnant and any advice?

MsBrazil86

Asked by MsBrazil86 at 6:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I had horribly vivid dreams, some good but some really bad. Honestly that was a part of pregnancy I was glad to be done with because I woke so frequently from them, I never felt like I was getting a good nights sleep. I have no suggestions for you as I didn't know what to do myself. Hopefully someone else can help you with that part of your question.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Having vivid, strange, bizarre and/or scary dreams is common during pregnancy. It is believed that pregnancy hormones, pregnancy wakefulness and pregnancy anxiety have a role in these strange dreams. The best cure is to try and get a good nights sleep. Try some relaxation techniques, make sure your room is dark and cool and do not drink water right before bed time. If they continue, just keep in mind that they are not an indication of anything except that you are pregnant and your hormones are running wild.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had very vivid dreams in my first trimester. They were mostly sexual, one of them was me and my cousin together. It seemed so real that when I woke up I literally had to make sure that he was no where in the house. I still have vivid dreams of mainly family members that have passed on. I dont recall having any really scary dreams, but I'm sure it differs for every one.....I hope this helps and that you can get some peaceful sleep.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 7:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• yes i experienced them and they were god awful i tell you. sometimes they were about my own children getting into horrible accidents or dreams about the unborn i was carrying dying. sometimes though i would dream about exactly what my unborn would look like and it was very vivid. these are unfortunately a normal part of pregnancy, these "monster dreams" are caused by hormonal changes.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I used to have horrible dreams. I'm sorry you are going through this.
    SimplySybil

Answer by SimplySybil at 9:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• yes its normal, though ive nevr had any!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 11:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yep, very normal. What helped me the most was not watching TV before bed. That was like a miracle cure, lol. Reading was fine, but TV was bad. Basically you don't want your brain over-stimulated. So try examining your before-bed routine and change different things to find something that might be the culprit. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Avoid scary or action movies they ussualy made me have dreams that horrified me good luck
    mystique159

Answer by mystique159 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 25, 2010