Help! How to cure Chicken Pox??

My little one has come down with Chicken Pox and I'm worried... especially since it's the holidays and this is kind of ruining things. I've been searching the net and trying some different things here and there... I found this site: http://www.fastchickenpoxcure.com

Do you think its legit? Can anyone else give their opinion?

PLease help!

Stacey1269

Asked by Stacey1269 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you have to let it run it's course. I've never heard of anything that cures it, if there were I would think it would be something the Doctors would be aware of and recommending.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• There isnt any cure for chicken pox that I know of, you have to just let it run its course. All you can do for your little one is make them more comfy. Use Calamine (sp?) lotion to help with the itching. Once the spots scab up they arent contagious anymore. hope the little one feels better! GL.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 7:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• From what I remember of chicken pox there is not 'cure' you have to let it run its course. I also suggest if you want 'legit' information on chicken pox and how to treat it (or about any possible 'cures') call your child's doctor and ask them about it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I am always leery of "fast acting" unheard of claims when I would be willing to bet that 99% of the medical community doesn't know about this. Chicken pox is irritating, but it is not deadly especially in otherwise healthy children. I do believe in natural immunity over the (so-called) chicken pox vaccine. I got the vax for my oldest and she's had it four times. I didn't get the vax for my other two and tried many times to have them get it and they just wouldn't! Their immune systems were too strong. They finally got it last winter and didn't have any problems. They did give it to their dad though and thankfully he's already fixed. Be careful about your LO being around men this holiday. Men will become sterile if they haven't had it already as a child. Otherwise, just keep him comfy and treat symptoms: itchiness, fatigue and fever. Lots of fluids! HTH, and Merry Christmas!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You just have to let it run it's course.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 7:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• there is no cure but there are remedies to the itching. let him/her soak in an oatmeal & chamomile bath. use calamine on the bumps. other than that it has to run its course. sorry this happened just before Christmas! good luck and hope it clears up soon!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• u cant cure it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You cant cure it once it's started. Just make them comfortable and keep them away from others, it's very contageous.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• there is no cure for chicken pox. let it run its course. do not spend your money on some scam on the internet. i know it sucks that its around the holidays but you know what is life. just relax and take care of your little one. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It's a virus, just like the common cold. Nothing you can do except try to help alleviate symptoms. Just keep in mind that your child will still be contagious.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2010