What is love and how do you know you are in love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• When you love yourself enough to respect yourself and another, want what is best for yourself and another, willing to compromise in difficult situations forthe sake of another (and yourself)
    i think you can not be in love unless you first love yourself, and the other personmust also love themselves, then the two of you can love each other.
    if no love and respect of self, it is not love but lust, wanting love, or just acting the part
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• There is no scientific measure or way to know. It's also hard to separate love from lust and infatuation. I guess if you go through some of the worst times of your life with that person, and you still want to be with them, then you love them. It's a tough question!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• When you honestly want what is best for them. You don't think about what you want, like you would feel for your child, but with an adult-there's also passion there, that you feel for them. True love doesn't happen quickly, though attraction can. Love keeps growing over time. You need time to see if it is real love. Does he have your best interests at heart, or does he think of himself first?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• A deep affection; devotion. In love is some place within yourself that you feel so intament for your s/o. In love is the undeniable satisfaction of receiving as well as giving of ones self to another.  There are so many beautiful and wonderful emotions that surround being in love.  You will know if you are completely in love with someone.  Being in love involves so many differences and acceptance on so many levels.  Safety isn't an issue when you are in love.  I am sure I probably left something out that is important, but it is different for everyone I think.  I thought that I would share with you what I think of it, for myself and my s/o.  I hope it has been of some help.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• when my hubby talks to me i get butterflies and he makes me feel giddy inside
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• when everything is going threw there ups & downs & you always think about the 1 person more then you did any1 else make you feel different than any1 else then i guess that can answer your ?
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010