Home made Sloppy Joes....

Does anyone know a good recipe for Sloppy Joes?

AnnHenderson

Asked by AnnHenderson at 4:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I just brown hamburger and add brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, and just a little worcestershire sauce. My mom adds onions, but I don't like the crunch, just the flavor, so sometimes I add onion powder too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Browned meat, a can of tomatoes or tomato sauce, onions (powdered, dried, fresh minced - whatever you have), garlic, teaspoon molassas, dash of worchestershire or pinch of salt & dash of vinegar. I just put it all in a pan and simmer until it's the consistentancy I want. Sometimes I add minced green and red peppers for spicier flavor.

greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 4:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

How much of everything do you use?

AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 5:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• well, for a pound, probably 1/4 c. of brown sugar, a half a cup-one cup of ketchup, a tablespoon or two of mustard, a couple teaspoons of worcestershire sauce, and maybe 1/2 a teaspoon of onion powder? Those are just guesses, its really hard to screw up, just do it to your own taste.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• oh, add your brown sugar first and taste your meat so you don't get it too sweet...1/4 cup might be too much and you can always add more in if it isn't sweet enough after your other ingredients.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Thank you very much!! I just played around and it turned out great!!!!!

AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008