I AM DONE WITH MY FAMILY !

Have you ever just felt that ending all contact with your family would be best for your life over all?

I can stand my side of my family and neither can my husband they are the type of people that half to pry into my life and make comments to piss me off and i just dont want to talk to any of them. Not my dad and my aunt i mean everyone. I got a bad family and we just dont see eye to eye.

Im saying enough is enough, i would not even let my unborn baby meet them. UGH sorry venting i wish someone could understand all the crap they put me through. anyway.

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 9:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I have with certain family members. Sometimes it has to be that way. Your sanity and well being are most important. Do what you have to do. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• after getting assulted by my sister a few years ago I all but have cut contact with my family.
    since I was hearing the same comments I've heard all my life, I didn't see much other choice.
    things like 'I just want you to understand what REALLY happened that day.............'
    then mom will go on with some fantasy story that the whole thing didn't really happen like that.

or when that didn't work, I heard yet again,
    'no one will believe you, just so you understand that!'
    when in truth, it's come out that my mom's not really fooling anybody with her charade that my family is perfect.
    I do keep contact, but mostly just a Hi, how are you stuff.

I personally suggest not cutting off all contact, just because in time you may need to know things like medical history, just things here and here.
    if you can keep contact in a holiday card sort of way, then go with that, if that works.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have been feeling that way just in the last couple of months. Why put yourself out there just to get hurt even if they are family. Should not have to take that from anyone. If want to keep in touch about this just let me know and we can vent together. I even posted a question about inlaws and how to deal with them. I would to stay in touch. And hang in there and do what is best for you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You have to do what is best for you and your growing family. If that means ending contact with your relatives and immediate family then that's what it is. I think we all have aspects of our family that we don't like or agree with, but we just bite our tongue and go with it. I know that it can be hard sometimes having a family, even if there are only two people you consider family. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has advice, and it can be a bit much at times. However, if you feel your family's relationship with you isn't worth what they put you through then you have to make that call to end it. But only you, not your husband or your child, but you can make that call.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes. I did it! My sister stole my identity and parents covered it up to help her. So yes...I cut off contact with them. My parents have always been nosey, conscending, non supportive, etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• my family tryes to make me feel guilty for not talking to them but once i answer their phone call they bitch about something and pry into my life and tell me im not mature and living my life in a good way and ugh i am just over it and im adopted into my family so letting to ties should be easier since they are not blood and im not related to them at all
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I've always heard, "Miles don't make the distance..." That's what I've applied to my family. The thing is that I really love my family!! My sister is incorrigable and will NEVER get along with me no matter what I do, so I pretend she lives 1000 miles away when in actuality she only lives about 6 miles away. My oldest daughter is almost the same. She got with a new boyfriend and all of a sudden none of the rest of us are "good enough" for her or something. Well... 1000 miles away. I've always been the one that jumped in and brought everyone together but I'm tired I guess and I quit. I just put everyone 1000 miles away and let the chips fall where they may.
    LivinWell11

Answer by LivinWell11 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I understand you from the time I was adopted my mother has told me she hated me and she has proven it after years of trying to get them to like me seven years ago I ditched them. I am now kicking them off my facebook even just talking to them is painful. Do what you have to, to make your life better for you.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• im sorry you feel this way mama i hope your day gets better
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010