Can I put bacon in a meatloaf?

I have some ground venison (deer meat) I was going to make a meatloaf with it...but it has bacon already ground up in it too...I'm just not sure if it will turn out okay???...any more recipes for deer meat???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I don't see why not...It might be kind of good actually.

KelseyNovy87

Answer by KelseyNovy87 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• The bacon will add some fat that would be missing in straight ground venison. This should work well to keep your meatloaf moist. Whatever filler you use ( bran, oatmeal, bread crumbs etc) will absorb the grease and retain the flavors. This should make awesome meatloaf or chili!
    My favorite way to cook venison steak is to soak it in milk overnight then country fry it until golden using crushed pork rinds instead of flour for the batter. Next layer the country-fried steaks in a baking dish & cover them with cream of mushroom soup. Bake at 350 until center of steaks reach 165. This is very rich but tastes awesome. Some mashed potatoes & a veggie and I'm in heaven...........
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 4:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yes, it should be delicious! In Recipe Hunters and Crock Pot Moms there are a number of Venison recipes.
    puppieluv

Answer by puppieluv at 5:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Oh, I bet the bacon makes it amazing! I usually stick to "flavorful" meals when using venison burger. For meatloaf, I add chopped onions and put BBQ sauce on top. My family also, enjoys it in spaghetti as well. Add a TBS of crushed garlic (or garlic salt works too) and oragano while browning the meat. I also make stuffed bell peppers with BBQ sauce on top as well. If you'd liek the recipe let me knwo I'd be happy to share! Good luck!
    TaLouLaBelle

Answer by TaLouLaBelle at 10:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2008