My Dr. is out until Monday and I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection....

Anyone know of any home remedies or over the counter treatments? I've had a headache in my face for 12 days now...I finally said that's it and call the Dr. and he's out until Monday. Sigh.

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 9:50 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• Go to a walk in clinic in your area, they should be covered by insurance.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree with this--Go to a walk in clinic in your area, they should be covered by insurance.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would also suggest a walk-in clinic.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'm going to second the Neti Pot. I don't have health insurance and I have found that if I flush the sinus's early in at the first sight of a problem I can cut down the days spent in pain. Colds just don't last as long or as bad. Sinus infections only last for a few days. I take aspirin the entire time as well. My dh recommended whisky when it's at it's worst and I got to say it does provide some pain relief. I also tend to eat as much spicy food as I can handle. It tends to get the sinus open and flowing again.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2010