Need to know

I went to the doctor yesterday, we talked about birth control. He said that he would not tie my tubes, since I just had a miscarriage, he thinks I might be jumping into something I can not take back. So that is fine. He said that mirena would be best, but I just read some horrible stories about it. So maybe some good ones would help. This one woman said that she was screaming like have a child. My sister-in-law had it and took it out cause of the side affects.

SonjaNash

Asked by SonjaNash at 9:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My advice is if you are not comfortable with what you have read go with something more common like the pill.
    MichelleAlpha

Answer by MichelleAlpha at 10:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• like every birth control, mirena is not for everyone. my sil has the 10 year one, no side effects as of yet and she's had it in for 1 year already. but i have another friend who had it taken out cause of the horrible bleeding and side effects.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have a friend who is on it and loves it, I'm thinking about going on it myself.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I can not take the pill or with anything with estrogen in it. My moms body produced to much of it and now she has breast cancer. So the doctors said that its best if I do not take anything with with estrogen in it since I already have a 50/50 chance of having breast cancer cells in me
    SonjaNash

Comment by SonjaNash (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i wouldnt trust the merena....thats my opinion....
    i was on the depo shot and it worked for me!! im allergic to the birth control patch so thats out of the picture for me.....ive heard horror stories on the pills,and the injections.....but i dont think you should go with the merena....ive heard nothing but bad things about it.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I am on the 10 year one (Paraguard) and I love it. I have only had it for 6 months, but it is wonderful. Some women (like myself) don't even get a period while on it. It's AWESOME! Also, if you ever get caught up in the moment you don't have to worry about condoms or anything. That way you get the full experience.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2010