How do you plan to spend the holidays with your loved ones and especially your children?

Most parents like to go all out with Christmas and I'm like that myself. Even though I haven't had my son yet he's due in a few days, I spent over what I originally said I would lol. Do you feel like you spent beyond your means and how do you feel about it?

there is no right or wrong answers I really don't think it should matter because it's your kid(s).

LilMansMama2010

Asked by LilMansMama2010 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I never spend above my means, my means are pretty high and I do not over indulge. I like to stay home and have my grown kids come over to open their presents, there is no place like home!

Answer by older at 10:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• um...no i didnt spend to much though they will have a good xmas i believe! They will for sure enjoy xmas morning
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 10:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Right now I spend mostly on everyone else- my parents, in-laws and siblings. My budget isn't very big and this is the first year in a long time that we haven't had to buy presents on the credit card to payoff once we get our tax refund the following year. My DD is two and I have bought some small presents for her but nothing big and I haven't spent a lot of money on her. She gets so much from all of her grandparents and aunts and uncles that she certainly is not hurting for gifts to open so I don't feel bad about not having a big gift for her, and she is still too little to notice that Mommy got her little things like chap stick and coloring books and Grandpa got her a new doll. I honestly think the chap stick might be her favorite thing this year though!!! I know it won't alawys be this way as she grows older but I do hope to instill in her that being with family is the best part of the Chrstimas season.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010