Holiday Cards ... To Keep or Not To Keep?

Short of it ... I save all the Christmas cards and newsletters I get every year from friends and family (and probably even the one from my insurance agent too), and as I'm looking at this year's cards I think should I be saving these, does anyone else? I guess I figure because they have pictures sometimes of kids who will be grown, or people who have since passed, maybe some day I'll look back through them? I don't know. Am I nuts?

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• I throw them away.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I save some, not all. If it's a photo card or one I really like i save it. Otherwise I see if I can repurpose the card before I add to the landfill trash.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I keep some of them
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I glue the front of the cards onto my Christmas storage boxes. If the card is from someone really special, then I glue the inside part on by the front part. My storage boxes are so pretty! And, there's not mistaking which boxes need to be taken down & brought into the house at Christmas! As for the letters, if they are of special meaning to me, I put them in a file in the file cabinet. But, I really don't get many of those anymore. That craze seems to be fading out.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• save ones with photos as long as you can idnteify the people, you may want them later. Take the remainder of the regular holiday ards and save for a senior center or day care as they "recraft" with them. United Way loves getting collections of cards of all seasons as they give to agencies that will "recraft" with them.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• This is what I do. I save this years cards until next year. I go through the previous years cards to see who sent me a card. I only send cards to the people who sent me one back the previous year. After I write my cards (about 35) I go through & save only the really best pretty ones. I save them to use for scrap booking or crafts. Besides that, I save the one that my Mom & MIL send each year. Everything else gets thrown away.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I used to save all types of cards from people - Christmas, Birthday, Valentine's, whatever. I guess they got thrown away during a move or two and I sincerely HATE that. Some cards were the only thing left of a loved one that I had.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I don't save anything. My hubby is the pack rat.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I keep until after the holidays, then the cards get cut up to make gift tags for next year, the photos go into albums, and everything else gets recycled.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My mom keeps hers and I used to when I was single. My husband tosses his (or recycles them) so we throw away the ones from his family and I keep the ones from mine.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010