husband

My husband has a bad history of heart attacks in his family. He is 45, ten years older than me. I don't feel like I love him anymore. Should I stay with him because of the kids and mainly because I don't know how much longer he will be here. I don't want for my family to turn their back on me because I want a divorce.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Can you two find some way to reconnect, rekindle what brought you both together in the first place? When kids are involved, it's a very tough decison to make. Do some real soul searching and find out what is going to be the best for you and for your kids.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• He could live for a very long time. My ex is now 50. I was planning to leave him when he had a heart attack and ended up having a quintuple bypass. We were told he had maybe 5 more years, that was 5 years ago and he's in very good health. Fortunately, I went ahead and left but we had already been attending counseling (she's the one who suggested I leave!) and knew it wasn't going to work. Don't plan your life around maybe's.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• He could live longer than you. Are you very unhappy married? Being divorced are you going to be happy? Can you stay together and be content?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• have you tried counseling ?
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• you should do whats right for you and your kids maybe try some couseling and then move on from there.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You can still be there for him even though things didn't work out between you two. If you break things off cleanly and without any drama and a parenting schedule I don't see much that his family can say about it. If there is no love then he should know.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 10:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If your not happy you shouldn't stay. They kids will start feeling you two part. You never know he might get lucky and he wont even have a heart attack.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You need counseling. You do not want to destroy your children's lives like that. Feelings will always change. Love comes and goes at different stages of life. But real love is a CHOICE. If you are not being abused than try counseling to get back to where you were when you first fell in love and learn about what committment really is. I dont mean to be harsh, but the guilt will always haunt you if you do not do everything possible to stay married. Plus I've known many people who said they didnt love their spouse and afterwards found out they really did. It is possible.
    javamama603

Answer by javamama603 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• well mama if you feel you need a divorce & dont feel happy anymore or love him anymore then do what is best for you & your kids but of course your family will be sad but they will understand & move on but goodluck mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010