IUD.

I have a appointment next week to get a IUD put in but I'm truthfully kinda scared. It's the copper one and the fact that something like that will get injected into me is making me nervous. I was already supposed to have it but when I went to my doc's app. I asked about the Nuva Ring and she prescribed me one but little did my doc and I know it's not covered by Medicaid. Does anyone have a IUD? Whats the up's and down's?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 4:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Health

• yeah i tried to get mirana and i went through 30 mins of pain for nothing my body wouldnt take it, they actully cut open my cervix and tried to jam it in there i cried for an hour and couldnt drive home
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 4:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• not tryn to discourage you but some people are differnt it works better for others.
    mommadent

• I have an IUD and it's not that bad. The procedure wasn't as bad as I thought. I did spot for 6 weeks though...only downside.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have an IUD also and its ok. The other downside is when your on your period, your cramps are a little stronger but nothing Tylenol won't cure.
    comalita

Answer by comalita at 5:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i have the mirena because the copper one is suppose to make your period heavier and more cramps and the mirena is after time suppose to make your periods lighter.
    it does kinda hurt though the clamp your cervix so the can put it in and before that they probe your uterus to see how deep to put it. and the have like fish line strings that can poke your man and he won't be to happy thats what happened to mine so back to the Dr. to get the strings shorter.
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• they don't clamp your cervix. they measure, called sounding, how deep your uterus is to make sure it is deep enough to fit the iud in. i had the mirena in and have had it taken out and yes it does hurt when it is inserted. just take some motrin or some type of anti-inflammatory before you have it done. take it about 30 mins before your appt so its in the blood and ready to work while you have it put in and right after.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 8:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• When I made the appointment to get my Mirena they tolf told me that the entire day before to take two tablets of motrin every four hours and then again right before the appointment. I won't lie, I have high pain threshold and having it inserted sucked. I was cramping REALLY bad when they were doing it and that is what really got me. I love my Mirena though, I bled for a couple days and then nothing at all. I already forget its there.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 12:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had mirena and it was awesome. It depends on the person. I never had bad spotting, or cramps. Quick procedure to put in and done.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008