Have any of you ever gotten a wedding dress off of e-bay like the ones that are designer replicas and they from china and like $400?? If so what the sizing accurate and what was the quality??

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I would be leary of the quality and the sizing. Asians are much smaller, so you may want to size up and get it taken in if possible. Also, they are SOO cheap. :/ My hubby is Korean, and ordered a Korean suit online because it was so cheap. You can tell that it is pretty cheaply made, and the confirmed it by also sending a tie and a scarf with the order. lol.
    I would be leary of spending that much on a wedding dress.
    Personally, I wouldn't do it.
    I went to David's Bridal and wound up with the perfect dress. It was $300, and went down to $99 on the sale they usually have. ;)
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I agree with mrseum... that's a lot to pay still. I ordered from Dillard's online .. somewhere that I could return locally if there was a problem. The bridesmaids dressed were from JcPenney online. There are many beautiful wedding dresses online at dept stores -- and David's Bridal --even Target has online wedding dresses!!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• That's allot of $$ for a fake from China. Check out your resale shops and Good will and Amvets, and Red Cross resale shops. They always have tons of dresses in Very good condition and VERY cheap prices.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I agree that it would be a really big risk. I would almost feel better buying from a real person used online. Either way, definitely order up two sizes so it can be taken in to fit your body. Professional tailoring is definitely worth the price, but it is also something a lot of local boutiques throw in for free if you purchase your dress there and depending on how much everything ends up costing, it might be worth it to spend a little extra at a boutique to get the tailoring free.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My girlfriend got a beautiful used wedding dress from e-bay. It fit her perfectly. It wasn't a replica dress. It was a dress from another bride here in the USA. The other bride sent her wedding pics wearing the dress. She only paid $135 for it.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I would be very worried about the sizing. When I got married, I was pretty much a perfect size 6, sometimes even a size 4, but my wedding dress was a size 10. I think its impossible to tell without being able to try on first.
    22hockeymom22

Answer by 22hockeymom22 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have mine and my daughter's designer wedding gowns and veils for sale if you are interested. Both were worn once in 2004 and are still in great shape. They have been in storage in my closet. I would sell them for $250.00 each. One is long sleeve and is a size 20, with a sweetheart neckline. The other one is a halter top style. It is a size 11. Both are covered in beads and pearls and cloth buttons all the way to the bottom of the trane. Both has a long trane and both comes with a matching veils! PM me if you would like to talk about it more. I might could get some pics to send to you.
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 8:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my roomate got her wedding dress off ebay from China. she had to have it taylored for length (shes tiny), and it was gorgeous but she only paid $100. i would check out david's bridal...i got my dress there for less than $400 & it had custom color in it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• man products from CHINA these days aren;t good, REMEMBER CHOCOLATES and OTHER FOODS from there were bad and killing kids???
    Anonymous

• I bought my dress from ebay, but it was an actual davids bridal dress.
    aj_baby_06

Answer by aj_baby_06 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008