Is it bad to wake up at 2 in the afternoon?

me and my son go to sleep at 4 or 5 in the morning and wake up at 2, its cause my hubby works nights so we try sleeping with him during the day, but i think its kinda unhealthy, what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Health

• You do what works for you. The only thing that will suck is when he has to adjust back to a normal schedule when he needs to start going to school.
    Anonymous

• do what works for you, but I personally wouldn't do that to my child. It'd be very difficult to get him used to a normal schedual when he starts school. Plus, he's missing out on a lot of daytime, when he could be spending time with friends (if he's old enough) or playing outside, ect.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• yeah thats what they tell me, that i'm going to have it hard when he starts school next august, but i'll worry then, lol. i remember my mom would put a warm wet wash cloth on my face to wake me up in the mornings;]
    Anonymous

• If it's working for your family, I don't see the problem with it; It may cause issues with trying to set up DR appointments and such, but outside of that I don't see the issue. The first poster is right that it COULD cause issues once your child is older because of school....

However if you homeschool you won't that problem either. :) Bottom line if it's what working for your family then don't worry about it. The only real issue would develop as your child gets older and going to school, but if you homeschool your kid you won't have those issues either. :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• MY youngest and I used to do that a lot, until she started school this year. A few weeks before school started I began gradually moving bedtime up until she was on a more appropriate shedule. It wasn't that big an adjustment.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• fortunately, kids are pretty flexible. just make sure the child and you get plenty of sunshine when you can for the vitamin d.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 5:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No, its whatever works for you and your family. As long as you all get plenty of sleep, thats all the matters.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• why would u sleep with him during the day when he's just going to work anyways and still not really seeing you and ur son?? I'd go to bed when it is time and not when it's morning time.
    Anonymous

• last anon: because theres nothing to do during the day when my hubby is asleep so we get bored and thats why we go to sleep too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008