How do you know if it's postpartum or...

My daughter is 7 months old now. I still feel aggravated all the time and bored (even though I am busy). I don't feel emotionally stimulated at all.. the only thing that makes me smile is my daughter... and some things that have to be REALLY funny. help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• See your Dr and talk to him/her about how you are feeling. He/she will decide what is going on and what needs to be done. HUGS
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Call your doctor explain what your feeling and they will be able to distinguish. Good luck! :0)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Baby blues usually go away within a week or two of birth. Post can stick around for a long time. Call your doctor and discuss, and in the meantime get outside and get some fresh air, that Vitamin D will help.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I felt that way too, but I didn't want to have anything to do with my son:(...I went in to the Dr. ASAP and he put me on anti depressants...things started to look up and my feelings towards my son are nothing but LOVE! :) Take care and Hugs
    CindyLou122

Answer by CindyLou122 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had pp for over year,... please don't wait.. go to your dr so you can start enjoying this more
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree with all the above, you really need to talk to your doc. Postpartum depression can get really bad, if that's what's going on, you need to catch it quick. No reason to be sad, you have the right to enjoy life.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had PP after my 2nd was born and I will tell you this: I was so afraid to talk about it with anyone for fear my kids would be taken from me. Guess what? They weren't and after I got meds, (anti-depressant Zoloft) I felt much better and really wished I would have gotten help sooner because I "missed" so much time with her. Get help now, hun. There's nothing to be ashamed of about it. A lot of women have it. It's ok to talk about and get help. Do it today! You'll be nothing but glad you did! Big hugs momma! P.S. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem so you are ALREADY on your way! GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2010