What is a good girl name to go with shiloh?

Hello!

My sister is having twins, a boy and a girl, and I am trying to help her come up with names. for the boy, his first name will be shiloh but we don't have a middle name and are up for suggestions. We are still looking for a girls first name to compliment Gene as a middle name. I am a big fan of old-fashioned, so if you have any ideas, please feel free to speak up! looking for something that runs nicly with Shiloh.....

Thanks!

auntie-Tish

Asked by auntie-Tish at 4:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Marie, Amber, Kayla, Sabrina, are all good to me with that name.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Shiloh sounds like a dogs name....
    Anonymous

• As you can tell from the first answer - Shiloh sounds like a girls name. I assumed you were using it for a girl until I read the rest of the question. So you might want to switch and name the girl that and pick a different name for the boy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• shiloh is a girls name and gene is a boys name unless its spelled jean! at least in my mind anyway when i was considering names for my daughter one i really liked was shiloh autumn hope this helps
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• If it were me, I'd choose something that isn't mainstream, as Shiloh isn't. But then, since my ideal names for children are Lorelei (my 8 month old), and Matthias and Ephraim for boys (both biblical, btw), and Lillian and Lydia for girls, I'm not going for mainstream names like Sarah or Elizabeth myself.

I would also avoid names starting with S and names that could be boys names that are used for girls, just to avoid confusion as to which twin was which.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2008