Unlikable Facebook Friends?

I'm on FB, and though I don't go on too often, when I do I find that the more I read some of the statuses of friends from my past that I'm not in touch with other than FB, that I am starting to really dislike them. Between the political bashing, the offensive language and one who clearly LOVES to take pictures of herself nearly daily and post them, I really wish I could deactivate my account, however, I use it for some work-related things. I guess I could defriend, but does anyone else have any friends on FB that they really have started to dislike?

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Use the privacy functions - you can turn off all messages from people you don't want to see, block them entirely so you see nothing they write anywhere (more dangerous if you have to still deal with them face to face frequently), and use that little lock next to the send button to set up who is and isn't allowed to see status messages and other things you post yourself. No feelings get hurt and you don't have to put up with them anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Just defriends them. It's not like they will get a message letting them know what you did. I de-friended a lot of people and they didnt care. Never received a message from hem asking why.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Not ones I have started to dislike really. Just ones I have nothing in common with and really don't care about their updates.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If you use it for work also. Just defriend them, they won't ever know.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Just hide them.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I didn't even know I could block and set specific privacy settings for each one - that's great! I just wondered if anyone has found that the people they used to know aren't so great anymore??? I find it kind of funny. Some of these people have also turned into real oddballs!
    amybaby_19

Comment by amybaby_19 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• no i dont have that much people i dont dislike
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I deactivated my account. People were starting to annoy me.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes. And she was unfriended. I got tired of her complaining about her husband being gone for a week and her not being about to handle it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No. But I wouldn't have any problem taking them off of my fb page.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010