Read the Bible?

Do you read the Bible through each year?
Or just skip around?
Or have some other Bible reading method?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 11:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• reading the bible is the hardest thing i have undertaken and i'm still working on it. but i have this app on my phone (corny huh?) that helps you with a set route on what to read. it also read it out for you (with corresponding audio lol). it's helped me out with reading. search for audio bibles online and start with the gospels. they're the best to start out with.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My dad read the Bible cover to cover time after time. I look for answers when I need them. We read the passages of Christs birth at Christmas time to the family. Whatever lessons we had in Sunday School is what we studied during the week. Until recently, I worked with a Baptist Minister. We were always challenging each other to find passages concerning daily problems. Was fun.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Some years I read it straight through. Other years, I don't. I don't like to read just for the sake of reading. I like to get something out of my reading, and I find I get more when I study topics or chapters or about what may be bothering me on any given day. It is good, though, to read straight through from time to time, just to recapture the whole picture that the Bible presents.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I study the Bible. I have not read it from cover to cover...yet.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i leave a copy by the toilet so i can have a good laugh any time i'm shacked up in there for more than a few minutes =)
    do_me22

Answer by do_me22 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'm Catholic, and we have certain readings for each day, but I also read independently. Not cover to cover, though. Right now I'm reading the letters of John, just because I found an interesting study guide.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I read the bible when I was a little girl. Haven't read it since and wont be reading ti again
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have not yet read the Bible cover-to-cover ... I get to Lamentations and ... well I start lamenting. But I hope to change that this year.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have read the Bible through twice, but I don't do it regularly. I attend Sunday School and we have weekly lessons plus I attend a Bible Study - in January we will be studying Philippians. So I use those for my Bible readying rather than reading straight through.

Answer by missanc at 12:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The only time I read the whole thing, I did a Bible in a Year plan that I found online. There were two options: straight through, or some OT and some NT each day. I went straight through. I think I might do it the other way next time.

Otherwise, I just search for the specific passage I am looking for.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2010