train ride to nyc

I live in pa and its about 2-3hrs to get to the city by car but i do not drive in new york city. i never have. I grew up in new jersey and it was about 40 min train ride and when i usually go into the city i usually take the train but its a 1 1/2 to get to an actual train from where i live and then another hour and half to get to the city. I am debating if i should go with my little one to the closest train or drive to around where i use to live and only take a 40min train ride. it evens out but not sure which one would be better.
so drive two hours and then take a 35-40min train ride probably less depending
or drive a 1 1/2 and take a 1hr train ride into the city?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 11:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Travel

• I would go back to where you're comfortable with, it will ease some of the stress of traveling. Even if it's a little longer. Have fun!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i think its better to go to the closest train station. i think she will love to see all the people getting on the train at every stop. coming back might be another issue.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• less car ride, more train time. :) What are you going to do in the city and when are you going? Maybe I can meet ya! (I'm in CT). :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• kjrn79, i am not quite sure what i will be doing in the city. probably the regular stuff during this time of year. rockafeller center and st. patrick's and macy's ect. its extremely cold though so i have no idea if its a good idea to take the little one in this weather or wait until spring. i'll firend ya and when i do go i will let you know and it would be nice to meet up with someone.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010