for Christians ONLY

Dh and I were watching 'The Greatest Story Ever Told" and I go to thinking....Does everyone really think Jesus looked like that? Curly brown hair and blue eyes, light skinned? My dh seems to think so, but since he was from Israel I think he had more of a "middle eastern" look....

What do you think?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have to agree with you. He was born in the middle east, so I imagine He is more olive-skinned, probably with the darker hair, and I would think He has the most compassionate, gentle eyes. Not sure of the color, but if Jesus were looking me in the eye, I personally would not care what color they are, just that He was there. :-)
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• For the record, I'm not Christian, but I don't doubt Jesus' existence at all. I think it's a very good question, because he couldn't have been the white guy he's often portrayed as. I think he looked like any other Israelite.

SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Most definatly middle eastern , I love Jesus, he is the Christ, God in flesh and the salvation of the world!
    Merry Christmas
    comfort8

Answer by comfort8 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think he looked more middle eastern, but we have the habbit of amewricanizing everything here
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 11:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No. Well ... MOST Christians know that is not what He looked like. He is depicted like that in films now, because of the painting depicting Him like that in the past. It is how we have been conditioned to recognize Him.

-Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I don't think he looked like he's been portrayed at all!!! How many people from the Middle East have pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Jesus had a middle eastern look, in my opinion...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree we're conditioned to think of him that way, though he wouldn't have looked that way at all. He would have looked like anyone else living at that time, in that area, of that descent.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I always wondered if Jesus really looked that. He looks pretty much the same in all the pictures you see. I haven't really put too much thought into it though.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I guess it doesn't really matter, but blue-eyed Jesus' are a pet peeve of mine. The odds that he had anything but dark-brown eyes (and hair and olive skin) are incredibly slim.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2010