Constipation? Mite be TMI adult content

Ugghh.... Ive tried everything...waiting it out..lol..... my mom told me to eat bran flakes..well so i had a bowl...yesterday..lol...ive been eating food with fiber in it....my tummy is cramping..im 9 weeks..and i know its from constipation.... i just cant get it to come out...lol...any advice?? my dr gave me a stool softener....thats still not working.... i never knew i could want to go to the bathroom soo bad! lol..plz no bashing..im just wanting relief..

KaylynnsMommie2

Asked by KaylynnsMommie2 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• try drinking 10 cups of water daily. I had terrible constipation and indigestion (and still do) but one day i drank 10 cups of water and not only did the indigestion get better. My constipation eased a lot and i was able to use the bathroom with no problems.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 11:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• ive been drinking water..im on my 3rd glas of ice water 2day :) its helping a lil... but i still need to go to bathroom and its not comming out...its making me mad its like right there!!! grrrrrr
    KaylynnsMommie2

Comment by KaylynnsMommie2 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You could try a few prunes too. Just a few help me. Or prune juice. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• use either otc colace or fleets enema....it is also safe to take milk of magnesia every now and then during pregnancy...these are all recommended from my dr when i had severe constipation in early pregnancy. mine was due to the prenatal vitamins. i went almost 2 weeks with out going enough to be relieved. i was alarmed that they would recommend milk of magnesia cuz it is a more gentle version of x lax. but they said better to use it and get cleared out than it get obstructed and end up in the hospital with a much more serious problem. they told me never to go more than 2 or 3 days with out having a BM. and if it is longer than that then to talk the milk of magnesia. hope this help...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• *take... not talk...lol..
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• From a mama that called her OB crying in pain due to constipation, I know where you are coming from. DO NOT eat any more high fiber stuff until you have had a significant BM. It will make it worse. Drink lots of water, 70-80 oz a day, and call your doctor, and ask about magnesium citrate. Colace didn't help me much, especially when impacted that much.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• call the doctor asap.I had horrible cont. the whole pregnancy.They gave me a script for a lax. and it worked.I'm sorry its such a miserable feeling.Call the doctor !!good luck dearie.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• greasy food worked for me lol
    dueweke_j

Answer by dueweke_j at 5:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i didn't have any problems during pregnancy, but i had her 3 weeks ago and i couldn't poop for almost 2 weeks! i mean, i was a day away from going to the er!!! i stopped breaswtfeeding and just pumped myself full of lax and softeners. and i went to the store and got a 12 back and a bottle of sopositories...imagine the look their faces! lol. well, i drank maybe 3 beers, ate pizza with pepparoni, and a suppository! the next morning was FREE FLOWIN!!! lol. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010