a little worried

im trying to get my 12 month old on a regular feeding schedule, same as her older siblings, 3 meals a day with 2 snacks in between, milk with the main meals, 1 cup of water for 1 snack and 1 cup of juice (hers watered down) with the other. the problem is she doesn't like milk out of her sippy cup. she drinks it just fine in her bottle, she drinks juice and water in her bottle, but not the milk. i know i still have time to play with this, she doesn't have to be off the bottle yet but i'd like her to be. im confused why she'll take it out of the bottle and not the cup, and why she takes other liquids out of the cup but not milk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know. My son is 14 months old and I am still trying to get him to take a sippy cup more.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My son will ONLY drink warm milk. Hes two and a half.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Of the 3 of my kids, only my youngest took milk from a sippy. They older 2 only drank water for years. Once they moved to regular cups and now glasses, they drink milk. For my youngest, the milk had to be warmed up until he was about 3. At nearly 6 he still loves a cup of warm milk on a cool day.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The child I do child care for has just started liking milk out of the sippy cup. Took about 2 months for him to accept it. He is 15 months now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• try warming it up and putting it in a sippy and keep offering it as often as possible. Eventually she will start drinking it. And once she gets used to drinking it out of the sippy you can slowly reduce the amount of time you warm it up for, that way she will gradually get used to the cooler taste.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010