A qustion for those that have anxity

I just found out that I have anxity..I wanted to know  if the feeling of having an attack is the same and what do you do...I get this heavy feeling in my chest , my heart feeling likes its racing and sometimes I feel like I cant breath or its hard to breath.I started feeling like this about 6 months ago or so...I just when I started noticing it...My doc put my on meds last week and gave me something too for when I have an attack but I still have'nt taking that one yet...bc I'm sceared to..
I wanted to know what do you do when you have an attack...Is it all the same does anxity ever go away.

Thank you in Advance for all the advice...

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 12:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• It feels like a heart attack.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• That is how mine feels but I can't take medicine for it. Anxiety meds freak me out.
    HeartsCombined

Answer by HeartsCombined at 12:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• When ever i feel like i am about to loose it I just go outside and smoke a cigarette.I have been on tons of meds and nothing seems to cut it like smoking :/
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have only had a couple of anxiety attacks. I became confused and started to feel light headed. I stood still and took a few deep breaths and told myslef to calm down. Actually talked to myself. Both times it was at a mall and I felt totally overwhelmed by the crowds and noise.
    Anonymous

• ive been familiar with anxiety and panic attacks since i started having children. when im pregnant its at its peak and i cant even leave the house without having one, but once my hormones have calmed down after the baby i cant function better. i still deal with it silently (unbeknownst to any of my family members) but have learned how to cope better. it worsens the week before my period, i walk around feeling out of breath and feel distant from everyone. i too smoke to calm my nerves. i dont take any meds for it either, i just learn to use mind over matter when i feel the attack coming. i havent had a full blown attack since just after my 3rd baby was born in january. for me, it's more of a chemical imbalance. i had to learn and train myself to think that i am stronger than the anxiety, fill my mind with other thoughts or keep my hands busy to ward the oncoming attack off. the anxiety itself is still there daily though.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have PTSD and anxiety was how it all started. My panic attacks mainly hit while I am asleep. A lot of self talk helps but the meds def do too.
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010