Is spotting after a bowel movemet normal or a sign of m/c?

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and every once in awhile I will have light pinkish spotting after a BM. Sometimes it's a tad heavier when I wipe, but it's still not very heavy and then sometimes it's barely noticable. Could this be a sign of a miscarriage? I'm not cramping either. My Dr told me as long as it's not bright red, then there is no need to worry right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If the doctor says no then probably not. It sounds like your constipated and maybe straining when you go? Drinking more water should help.
    Anonymous

• if it's after a bowel movement then it's probably hemrroids....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Its normal to have spotting in the first trimester but it is best to ask your doctor...i know i would!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i dont want to say " normal" i revoke that word, and i will replace it with
    ITS COMMON*
    LexsiesMommy

• i'm sorry, i should've added that the light pink blood is coming from my vagina so i know it's not hemmorhoids. this is my 2nd pregnancy and i don't remember spotting after BM while pregnant with my daughter. it just makes me nervous. i can't wait fo rmy first Dr's appt so i know everything is fine!
    Anonymous

• maybe ur pushing it out too much and not letting it get out on it's own. Don't strain to poop
    Anonymous