When you invite people to your house for xmas is it cruel not to pick them up or drop them off?

If they are not really old, and are more then capable of traveling by bus/train. They don't drive-she dont' have a license. I would like to spend the time at home, listening to music, maybe have a drink or two... I don't want to pick anyone up....

I feel bad???? Why must I feel guilt all the time.... GRRRRRRRRRR,

I just want to enjoy my night... and day that is.... I am cooking, cleaning, feeding... ahhh now i feel better. Yes, I love every minute of it.....

HAPPY HOLIDAY YOU GUYS...... JUST ASKING....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• No, I've never heard of this before. If you're invited to someone's house, you find your own way there.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You are hosting the party. You don;'t have the time to play taxi driver. No, you shouldn't feel bad at all. Happy Holidays.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No. Happy Holidays to you !!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No, Hon... You invited them ! It's their responsibility to get there--- and get home !
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 12:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Nope it`s not. Happy holidays.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The only people that we ever pick up is someone who has no transportation. Otherwise everyone is on their own.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Is it your Mother or MIL, where is your S/O to help out? Kind of hard to say no w/no car, but 20 minutes isn't too far, depends on how she or they feel about it I guess. If it's causing friciton I guess you or I'd say S/O will probably end up doing it, otherwise you may ruin a Happy Holiday, good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If you mean picking them up from their homes... I think that is ridiculous... they should drive themselves.

If you mean picking them up from the airport... YES you should pick them up it would be RUDE not to... unless you sent a car service.  My in laws once could not make it out to the airport and sent a car service (limo) the kids LOVED it.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Why don't they drive? My company always driveS here and driveS home. Then when I visit I drive there and I drive home. But I don't think you should unless they don't have a car, or don't invite them. I don't think you should feel quilty, unless I'm missing something here !!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• no i never p/u or drop off...an invite can be declined. if they can't get there then don't accept the invite ya know.
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010