Has anyone used a babysitter website to hire one?

Our babysitter is going off to college and we are looking for a new one. We have looked around and tried a few teens from our church but we haven't found one that clicked with the kids. Has anyone used babysitter websites? Did you find a good one? I'm so picky about who watches them...you can never be to careful now a days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I havenĀ“t myself, but I was hired through one.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Sittercity.com
    Luisa621

• LOL! Not exactly, but I do have a funny story about that. I was looking for a babysitter for my granddaughters on Care.com. I thought I saw a girl that I recognized from a local store I shop at. So, when I was shopping at the store, I said, "Hey, did I see your profile on Care.com"? She said, "No, I don't think so... however, I have looked at that and thought about putting my profile on there". I said, "Oh, so you do babysit".... it turned out she did, and she does babysit when we need her.

You never know....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I do child care for two families and they hired me through www.care.com and www.sittercity.com. I was registered at about 4 but I feel these two are very good. I had a background check done, references, and had my fingerprints done for one family too. As someone who wants to hire a provider you can search without having a posted profile, so that affords you more privacy. If you contact anyone do it through the website until you think you might want to meet. Then plan to meet at a public place for coffee, or such, first. Don't give personal phone numbers or addresses until you feel you might be a match. And have references to give to them too. Neither of the families I work for have family in this area so they needed to branch out too. It can be very safe if done carefully. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• www.care.com. I find this a wonderful site and the people are so genuine. I was apprehensive at first but then I started reading the profiles and everything and my mind settled down right away. I encourage you to check it out. And it is not only for kids/babies but for senior care and I think pet care too. Maybe more but I don't remember.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010