3 yr old playing violin?

My daughter goes to a catholic/private school and they will have a violin class/program for preK. I signed my daughter up for it because it seems fun and she always mimicked the older kids that play because she wants to play too.

My thing is.. will she really be able to play at such a young age?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ?? some kids surprise you....

Im 42 and couldnt play a note if my life depended on it... I have NO ear for music.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It never hurts to try :) I'm sure she'll love trying to play-- but lessons can be very trying for young children.. hopefully it's not a really structured lesson, but even if it is all kids are different and she very well may fall right in love with it!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• my lil bro started playing violin at 3 in the suziki method... he taught himself sax at 14. Its an excellent start and they do make violins for kids that little... even if they are extra tiny... although... invest in ear plugs the sawing is kinda diff.
    All the kids in the neighborhood (and their parents)would find some reason to leave our house when it was practice time. LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Is never to early kids learn fast!!
    May787

Answer by May787 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010