Starting the little guy on Stage 1 baby food today.

Any advice?

Doctor said to start with yellow foods, and I read to wait 3 days after introducing something new before introducing another new thing. That's about all I know!

EverydayMomma

Asked by EverydayMomma at 1:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pedi told me to go to www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    There is alot of great info on when to start what foods at different ages. I found alot of great info, I make all my sons food and use recipes from that website.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I never listened to my pediatrician as to what food to do first. I actually never asked if I could start solids. My kids first foods are usually homemade mashed potatoes. Then I usually go by the things I would eat while nursing and I read my babies cues. And you are supposed to wait a minimum of 3 days before introducing new foods. I was always told a week. I never listened to that either.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I started mine with whatever. I didn't wait three days to introduce a new one either. They ate fine.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 4:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• They say to wait atleast 3 days to a week in case signs of allergies occur. It's a lot easier to pin down the problem if complications occur.
    Sica_Belle

Answer by Sica_Belle at 7:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• laughingI fed my dd whatever was mushy and small veggies, she didn't have any problems. 

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2010