Anyone´s children attend Montessori Schools?

We should be back in the country by next September, and my DS, 3 now is in Pre-School where we live now and I want to continue having him in school, especially since I will no longer be a stay at home mom!
I am looking into Montessori Schools, I like their teaching methods... I was on the website, but I was unable to find the tuition rates. This is obviously important. Applications are due in January, and I am looking to have everything done soon so that I can have it ready by mid-january.
So, does anyone´s child attend Montessori School, if so, what are the tuition rates? and, have you had a negative or a positive experience with them?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in

• Tuition rates are going to depend on where you are living.
    I lived in South Dakota, tuition was 250 a month for 5 days a week from 8-1130
    I know live in WA, tuition is 900 a month for the same amount plus supply fees.

I loved Montessori but I just can afford that out here, especially since we are only a one income family and in addition the the tuition it is a 3o min + drive from where I live.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Omg, I was able to look at tuition rates for my area, after I found the correct website, and I definetly will not be able to afford it. I wish I could, I really love their methods.. It is over 1,000 a month..
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• depends where you live...CA is $1200.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I agree. Very expensive. See if the have any financial aid or scholorships available.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 12:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It depends on your child's learning style. My daughter did very poorly in a Montessori based program; when she was accepted to a rigorous, competitive, academically advanced program, she flourished.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My daughter goes to one at her school.I like it.Because they learn at their own pace.And hers is no cost.Also, we have more at four program here.It is a free program for the millitary or medicaid people.
    wildrose68

Answer by wildrose68 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Our dd went to one because I liked their methods too. When we moved I could not affair the tuition and she ended up being behind in school! It made a bit angry because we spent so much $ and I thought she would be ahead, according to her instructors at the Montesorri she should have been!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 9:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2010