what is wrong with the doctors (tmi) adult content

okay like two weeks ago i found out i was pregnant from my family doctor, she sent me to get an oultrasound done and it showed that i was 18 weeks so by now i am 20 weeks, anyways last night i was getting out of the shower and i had blood running down my leg then when i went to wipe it up there was some mucus in it. so last night i called the ob that i had made an appt. with which by the way isnt until jan3, and they said they couldnt do anything because i am not a patient yet and that i will have to wait till my appt. so toda i called around to like 6 differant docs and all of them where like we can make an appt for you but all of them were not till after the new year. so here i am 20 weeks preg. with mucusy blood coming out of me and no doctor seems to think its important. what should i do?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 1:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to the ER so they can send you for an ultrasound and do other tests to make sure you're okay. I can't freakin believe no one is worried about what you're going through!!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Go to the Emergency room now!!!! Let me know!!! It might be a miscarriage.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Go to the ER they cannot turn you away, its against the law. Good luck!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Agreed goto the er
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Er couldn't be a better idea hun good luck id be pissed about that!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• That's weird. When I found out I was preg, they got me in for my first appointment on Christmas Eve! I was only 5 weeks... Go to the ER like these ladies said and then consider choosing another hospital if there's one near. You need a reliable doctor. I mean if they are turning you away now, will they be there for you when you're in labor???
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The original appt made with the OB for Jan 3 IS a LEGAL and BINDING CONTRACT. If you had a lawyer and was forced to go to court over this you would win. There is a precedent for this very thing, I can't find right now.
    By accepting your appointment and placing your information on the books, he is now your physician and by his refusing to see you he is now culpable of negligence and/or abandonment. I'm sorry this happened, GL to you, I hope this is not serious, but sadly it sounds as if it is.
    Go to the ER, tell them who you had an appt with, and if things turn bad, get a lawyer.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• ER. And please keep us posted!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Go to the ER now. Tell them whats happening, that you just found out, you have no OBGYN yet, appt for the 3rd, but you think you are miscarrying. They will make sure you are ok.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• They are all right you should go right to the E.R. Bleeding like that can be a serious thing. Your doctor is wrong in not seeing you and I am sure there is something that can be done about that. Good luck and take care.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010