Juice stain off of beige/light carpet??!! help!

This pregnancy is so exhausting!! I cant do a thing and have been letting my 3 yr old eat and drink on the carpet in the family room. Well now I have juice stains on it and I need them out before christmas!! I dont want guest coming over and seeing the stains. They are not bad and not to dark but its there!!! I rent my condo and asked management if they send someone to clean the carpet and I pay but nope... I have to find someone on my own.. problem is most places I checked has a $99 dollar minimum and I just have a small section and every where else is new clean carpeting.

please help!

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try heating up some water in your microwave til it's very, very hot (be careful, of course). Then put it in an empty spray bottle and mist it on the spots. Use a clean white cotton towel to blot, and only light agitation (so you don't fray the carpet). You can also try using club soda if you have some.
    Your success is in large part going to be dependent on what kind of juice it is and how much coloring is in it. You may not be able to completely remove the spots with rinsing and extraction (using a machine with hot water or calling a professional), but if you do as I suggested, you can probably improve them and you will NOT cause further damage.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I've used oxyclean and it seemed to work pretty good.
    goldengrl65

Answer by goldengrl65 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would honestly be scared to use windex because I would imagine the blue color would stain the carpet.
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My carpet is a light beige color.

Guess you could try out a closet or something first?

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I USE CARPET STAIN REMOVER THAT FOR IF YOU CHILDREN AND PETS. I HAVE A LITE COLOR RUG AND MY 7 YR. OLD HAD RED JUICE STAINS AND I GOT THEM. SCRUB WITH A SCRUBBRUSH
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Thanks ladies... I got the stain off this morning.. I used the cascade dishwasher thing and mixed it with dish soap and hot water and I can't even tell where the stain was. Thanks though for the suggestions
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Try windex. It's crazy but it worked on my stains. A friend told me about it. I had a kol-aid stain and it worked. Also took up a few pet stains that my old doggie left behind
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010