How many of you dont buy your SO christmas presents?

I am recently married and well a baby on the way my husband and i decided that we are not going to but gifts for each other and if we want something we will get it together but no like gift giving. This is our first christmas but we decided to keep this tradition and just save our money. Is this normal? we decided next year we may get a puppy as a christmas gift for eachother .

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 1:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Whatever works for you both! There have been a few years when we decided against getting each other gifts and just spend the money on the kids or saved it. I really see nothing wrong or abnormal about it. GL! :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 2:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• A couple of years ago, we fell way behind in our Christmas shopping. To relieve some of the stress, we agreed that we wouldn't get gifts for each other that year. We both got them anyway.

Whatever works for YOU is your normal. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We always gave each other really nice (jewelry & electronics) gifts before we had our Son. Now we save the money & the extra $ goes to gifts for our Son. Really It's more satisfying for me to see him excited & light up when he opens his gifts, he's 4 . That's a gift for me! :) Besides that we buy what we need for ourselves when we need it. I think it's smart today to save for rainy days.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We do that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We have never gotten gifts for each other - we just get things for ourselves and call it a "gift" from the other person!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would love to be able to get him a gift this year. I thought we werent going to, but he went out and got me a gift. I want to get him smoething, but i know if i tell him that, he will say you dont need to get me anything.. so on... so i am big on giving, if and when I can... we hvent made a tradtion yet.. I think we should now that we are having our first child together..
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 3:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We do that. Money is tight around here. So what we do have we use on the kids.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We usually give gifts to each other (really, we just take $100 each and buy what we want because I suck at surprises and would rather get clothes - something he can't pick out for me) but this year, money is tight so we know there is no sense buying each other gifts. Once we get back to normal, we'll buy gifts again.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 3:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We have done that for several years now. We don't need anything and we don't miss any of what Christmas is really about.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We don't exchange Christmas gifts, we go to a nice dinner on the 28th for our anniversary. In the beginning we exchanged gifts, but after children we'd rather spend our money there.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010