What ever happened to?

Was going through my old questions that never got closed out, and I was wondering. What ever happened to that Swine Flu epidemic that was going to wipe out half the country? Did Obama ever earn his Peace Prize? Are you still positive nobody's insurance will get dropped or go up if HCR passes, and that's all just fearmongering? And where are all those I told you so's from Obama fixing everything and having the unemployment rate back to 6% like people said he was going to? Oh, and are all the people who've been laid off over the past 2 years still just lazy and totally deserved it because if they were smart they would've had jobs that don't lay people off, and they should all go to McDonald's because they're all hiring?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL
    Doesnt surprise me that Obama never lived up to his promises.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Good question. Glad you reminded us of just how far we've come in the past two years. And the transparency. Isn't it wonderful to see where all the money has gone.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• KInda make ya gal go..........HUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMM!!!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It think it is all at the bottom of their shitheap with more crap just piled on top to try and cover it all up!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Oh, didn't you know that the people don't need to go to McDonald's (even though it's a fact of life they always hire) due to mostly part-timer schedule basics) Now it's just the elite restaurants that will be serving since after they wear out those ''holiday rush personell'', that the nicey real cloth napkin places will be hiring and at least find a dollar or 2 more per hour.

HCR= put a bandaid on it. They usually have the good-to-better-to- well - off "ones" pay better premiums driving down all the other costs. That profitable sector is just not as, well, .... been in need lately because of cruise vacations and wine bibbling. (not bashing, it's a great life!! just not for everyone huh?)

Then of course if we were all real gun ho we could work on cruise ships since that is always a sure bet richer folk are paying out of nose for these accommodations.
    Anonymous

• As to the question of being layed off, I have been looking for work for 2 years bnut because I stayed home to raise my children myself I am being penalized. I am NOT lazy nor stupid. I have finally decided to go back to school and earn another degree!
    joanilene

Answer by joanilene at 2:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Doesnt surprise me that Obama never lived up to his promises.

He sure lived up to a big one today! Signed the repeal of DADT.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 2:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Swine flu was a perfect example of how people can hit the panic button unnecessarily regardless of whether or not they watch Fox News. I thought a Peace Prize was earned before it was awarded. I'd have to go with a "no" on that one. HCR..ugh. I've said enough on that one. Do I believe all the unemployed are lazy? No. Do a believe there's a percentage that are? Yes, a small percentage.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Good questions, NP.................
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 3:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• LOL....He needs more TIIIIIIIIIME!!! Geez, NP...give the man a break, already! He needs AT LEAST 7 years to clean up after 8 years of Bush....oh wait.....

LOL :o)
    (sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010