I babysit a 5 mos old baby and don't charge her mom very much to do it because she is a newly single mom. At first I didn't charge anything at all because she couldn't handle it.

The baby's great-grandparents have pretty much adopted my family and we had a blast at the mom's home for thanksgiving with the great-grandparents. Now the great-grandparents have invited my friend, her boyfriend and her baby as well as my whole family for an old fashioned Christmas at their house. We are excited to go and feel like we belong as my family has disowned us a long time ago.
Grandma just called to make sure we were coming....and she keeps telling me not to bring anything. I want to show her how grateful we are for their including us as their family, but I don't have much money.
What could I do? What could I give to show my gratitude? HELP!!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• How about a bottle of wine or a nice box of candy?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You could bake something.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Even rice krispy treats are kind cheap! un maybe do a variation with froot loops or something. Or a cheap icecream for punch. gl!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'd say a nice box of candy and then you'd be sure she'd enjoy it and possibly share with everyone. Wine is ok if you know she drinks. A basket of chesses, or try and think of things she likes and make a basket, teas, hand soaps, candies, the $ store is great for filling a basket. Good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Just make a simple desert
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Or even a Christmas bouquet of flowers -
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010