Pregnancy and 3 cats

I am 11 weeks almost 12 weeks pregnant and i have 3 cats two kittens and a year old cat my husband cleans the litter everyday because i cant but i smell it through out the day and i gag and almost throw up every time happens all day everyday im thinking of getting rid of them and adopting them out. We live in an apartment and its small as well i just cant stand it anymore . help ideas anything

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 2:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pets

• Do you have a room you don't use? Or get a litter box with a lid. Might contain it a bit.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i have a litter box with a lid and we put it in our laundry room and yep still makes me want to die
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'm 14 weeks and have the same problem but I love my cats to much to give them away when I know my nose is going to go back to normal after the baby. Hang in there.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Hopefully for you the nausea/sickness will soon pass ...but if it doesn't..remember pregnancy is only temporary. It may feel like it lasts forever but as soon as babba arrives it'll feel like a blur. Just think its only going to be a few months of this..and then you can enjoy your cats and baby. If you love your cats, keep them...pregnancy is a temporary state. Try buying scented freshners or changing cat litter to a more absorbent and lightly scented type...nothing too strong as they can also trigger nausea...but something!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 3:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Have hubby sprinkle some baking soda in the litter box. It will help eliminate the odors. Cracking a window open may help you too, if you can do that.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• good luck-try not to get rid of your cats...they are your first kids! like the other ladies said, try different odor control litters and some baking soda--i did and it really helped, good luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You shouldn't have cats in the house if your pregnant.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 12:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• if you can smell it, it isn't clean enough. not bashing, just sayin. i have 3 cats and 3 ferrets. they get cleaned everyday. you just have to make sure you get all the pee out. that is was makes it smell most of the time. and you don't have to get rid of your cats. if youre husband is cleaning it, then youre fine. i cleaned out my box but i wore a mask. and it is if the poop is in there for awhile and dries out. but with 3 cats its not in there long enough to dry out, so it was never a problem.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2010