Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I washed a pull up - HELP!

I washed a pull up on accident and now there is like that gel stuff all over everything in the washer, I re-washed it and the stuff is a little better but the gell/ball things are still all over everything, any ideas on how to get rid of it?? As soon as I touch it, it smears all over the clothes, so I can't just pick it off.

Answer Question

Asked by Starzgurl4 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • rewash the clothes until their clean again....

    Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • Try rewashing them with your detergent AND about a cup of white vinegar. Vinegar is great for getting mildew out of clothes and is also great for cleaning. Not sure if this is the answer but that's what I'd do. Hope this works for you.

    Answer by good2me at 6:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • I would fill the bathtub, let them soak and try to rince them by hand. If you let them soak the gel might come off in the water while the washer will just push it back in to the fabric on the spin cycle.. Also I would run the washer once while empty to try to get everything out of there. Then rewash.

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • You can try REALLY hot water and White vinegar to cut the gel and melt it away. Find the 800 # on the pull-up's bag and call customer service and ask them how to get the gel off. They should know.

    Answer by vbruno at 6:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • Umm the silica that is used in the pull ups is an will not break down into anything else. Take the clothes out of the washer and shake them off out side then throw them in the dryer. The lint trap will catch most of it of what is left.

    Answer by MomShawn70 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • OMG I ad this happen to me last night. My sons pull up was in a pair of jammies. I threw them in the dryer and dried all the clothes. First I shook off the clothes outside because it just shakes of if you are careful. Then I dried them and nothing happened to the clothes or the dryer. No stains or spots. So I say just throw them in the dryer after shaking them off...

    Answer by nyteowl at 8:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.