Moving with a newborn...

I am due on December 5th and am going to be moving from Ohio to Arizona. My fiancee will have everything established before I get there and our original date for the baby and me joining is around the first of the year. We would also be driving.....As a first time mom I would like to know if this will be an ok deal with a 3 week old....like how did you feel a month after giving birth? any input would be appreciated!

itsaboy1208

Asked by itsaboy1208 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I WUD THINK U WUD BE FINE AFT A MNTH I ALWAYS FELT GOOD AND THE BABY WILL PROB SLEEP THE WHOLE TIME U SHUD ONLY HAVE 2 STOP ABOUT EVERY 3 HRS TO FEED THE BABY
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first answer with the addition of have something soft to sit on on the way
    jmdelan2

Answer by jmdelan2 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• bump
    Juliannamommie

Answer by Juliannamommie at 5:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think you'll be fine, just plan to take your time! That's a long drive for anyone, especially a baby that would have to sit in a car seat the whole way!

As for how you'll feel, that entirely depends on you and how your delivery goes. For instance: I had trouble sitting in my chair at work five weeks later, but my sister-in-law felt perfectly normal immediately afterwards...I hate her! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Most new borns sleep allot. Espically when in a moving car. Take your time. Stop as often as YOU need to stretch your body and as often as the baby needs to be changed and fed. Stop in public area's with lots of people around you. You and baby will be just fine.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2008