What do you think about Obama reaching out to Republicans?

I was just reading how he wants to make his cabinet diverse. Does this make you feel better about the us situation? Alot of ppl that really dont like him I am mainly asking you since you think he will be so horrible for the country.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• There seems to be so much anamosity about this election. Why argue with those who do not have the power to affect change. I support all of you who are capable of having a true debate and entertain an opposing point of view. it is to be applauded. It is very disturbing for those who are so closed that they can not hear. (in the proverbial sense of course) I am trying to understand why so many are so angry when nothing has yet come to pass. Fear and speculation seems to be driving this "train wreck" of a forum. As moms we all want what's best for our children's future. why not discuss from a universal maternal place and not from up on a soap box. It's easier to listen when you are being spoken to and not at.
    Actress.Mom

Answer by Actress.Mom at 10:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Labels such as Republican/Democrat don't mean much....

There are those that call themselves "Republican" but if you look at their voting record, views, etc they seem to be more "democrat"; and it goes the other way too. (Of course, no names come to mind right now.....)

Republican or Democrat are just "titles" that people give themselves. I highly doubt that Obama will have anyone that doesn't share HIS views!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No, it doesnt make me feel better, just like .....
    SAHMinIL said Labels such as Republican/Democrat don't mean much....

Anonymous

• I feel great about it! I know that Barack is a very inteligent person that will look at all views instead of just his own. - So , yeh, i'm happy :)
    Anonymous

• I also feel good about it. He stated in his speech that he will listen "especially when we dont agree". I think he has wisdom and courage, and will listen to every side before making a decision.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Considering who he picked for his Chief of Staff, far "left-wing" thinker Rahm Emanuel... It will take more to convince me of any bi-partisian efforts.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Obama CANT do any worse than Bush has and he will be better than a 72 y.o multiple cancer survivor with multiple health problems and a running mate who didnt know Africa was a continent.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I don't believe anything he says. Actions speak louder than words and so far his actions prove to me he's deceitful.
    Anonymous

• I don't think hes just reaching out to REPUBLICANS.Hes reaching out to anyone who didn't vote for him, and I think its smart, and hes doing it because he really does care about EVERY American. he got my vote!

lucky7jules

Answer by lucky7jules at 7:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think he will pick who Pelosi and Reid tell him to. He needs the support of the Dems, and they don't want bi-partisanship. Clear and simple. He talks a good game, but he has yet to wow anyone with what he has accomplished (not including getting elected). I suppose time will tell, but politics is politics, as they say.
    Anonymous